In our first LIVE Virtual Happy Hour, we welcome Jamie Young, of Jamie Young Swag & Strategy and also Event Director for the Portland Women’s Expo.
In this episode you will learn:
- During times of crisis, it’s critical that you show up and be a leader for the community, don’t sit back and let things fall by the wayside.
- Embrace new opportunities, for example the PDX Women’s Expo has wanted to find a way to be a semi-annual event, and this cancellation has given them the chance to do that.
- In the long run, as more businesses learn to shift to virtual, it will create more efficiency for companies and employees.
- This is an unprecedented time so don’t be afraid to ask for help, raise your hand and lean on your network and your community.
- In this time of confusion and challenge, go back to your mission statement and let that be your guide
Local Business Highlight:
Final Draft Taphouse
11504 SE Mill Plain Blvd
Carry out available daily from 3pm-8pm
What we’re drinking:
Modern Times Beer – San Diego, CA
Proxima Hazy IPA, 7.5% ABV, 4 IBU
“Monstrous quantities of Mosaic, Comet, and Chinook hops to craft this incredibly tasty IPA, yielding vibrant notes of mango, grapefruit, and pineapple that will be virtually impossible to consume without issuing forth sighs of delight and contentment.”
New Belguim Brewing – Fort Collins, CO
Trippel Belgian Style Ale, 8.5% ABV, 43 IBU
“Our Trippel has always been a big, beautiful Belgian-style ale. This golden beer opens with a bold blast of spicy Noble hops, courtesy of Saaz and Hallertau Mittlefruh, and gives way to the fruity aromas offered by our traditional Belgian yeast. Brewed with Pilsner and Munich malts, Trippel is classically smooth and complex, and sings with a high-note of sweet citrus before a pleasantly dry finish delivers a warm, strong boozy bite. Give Trippel a sip to get you smiling.”
Heathen Brewing – Vancouver, WA
Promiscuous Blond Ale, 5.5% ABV, 19 IBU
Pilsner malts shape this delicate bodied ale that climaxes with a refreshing wheat undertone. Seductive Saaz hops flirt with spicy notes while a floral aroma from the Cascade satisfies a modest hop fantasy.
Rueben’s Brews – Seattle, WA
Hazealicious IPA, 6% ABV, 45 IBU
Tropical fruit notes, in particular passion fruit, sit on a soft & pillowy body. The stars of the show are the big, bright hops with restrained bitterness providing balance.
Portland Women’s Expo
Jamie Young Swag & Strategy
Small Business Association Resources
Youtility by Jay Baer