Today on The BOB Happy Hour, Jessica Williams of On The Rise Solutions visits the virtual bar to talk about her passion for supporting women in business and how she is managing her business in this time of uncertainty.
A few things you’ll learn:
- Imperfect action is better than perfect inaction; Act now, do not wait for the perfect moment that will never come.
- Feminism can mean different things to different women, we need to focus on the parts we have in common, try to be open minded and reach an understanding on the areas we differ.
- Manage uncertainty through Agile: Inspection and adaptation – get to a state of completion so you inspect and adapt as circumstances change.
- Let go of the things that are no longer serving you; the marketplace is giving us feedback, it may not be the feedback we want, but we need to respond to it nonetheless.
- This COVID-19 situation will propel us into the new world of work.
What we’re drinking:
Stickmen Brewing Co. – Lake Oswego, OR
Madame Molly, Irish Red Ale, 5.3% ABV, 18 IBU
“Named after the ghost that, stories say, inhabits our Lake Oswego building. She has been quiet since we have taken over and we can only assume she has finally been put to rest by our efforts. A clean ale that nicely balances the malt and hops to deliver a traditional Irish style red. This one is dead on…”
Fort George Brewery – Astoria, OR
The Optimist, 6.2% ABV
“Sometimes it’s hard to look on the bright side; let The Optimist keep your spirits aloft. Simplicity being the ultimate in sophistication, the brewers use a very concise recipe in this India Pale Ale to showcase the providential union of barley and hops. With its radiant golden body, a lively buoyant head, and auspicious floral aroma, your glass will always be half-full while drinking The Optimist.”
Ghost Runners Brewery and Kitchen – Vancouver, WA
Running Up Pils, Pilsner, 5% ABV, 28 IBU
“Inspired by tradition, this German-style Pilsner is crafted with a mult-step infusion mash with old world pilsen malt. We then lager ferment over three different temperatures until the flavor profile is just right. This light German Lager is packed full of flavor and is perfect accompaniment to the spring and summer. Cheers, and happy lawn mowing!”
Buoy Beer Co. – Astoria, OR
Czech Pils, Pilsner, 6.2% ABV, 35 IBU
“Bright traditional taste. A classic pilsner with roots in the great beer heritage of the Czech Republic. Our Czech-Style Pilsner features Saaz hops supporting layers of rounded malt flavors. As right today as it was a few hundred years ago. From a place that’s weathered a few trends in its time; here, history never gets old.”
On The Rise Solutions
Imperfect Feminist Podcast
On The Rose Summit
Hollyhock Retreat Center
Here Comes The Sun