In the latest edition of The BOB Happy Hour, we welcome back Business Over Beer alumnus Brian Shields of Shields Family Home Loans to talk about the impact of the corona virus to his business and what he is doing to support the small business community.
In this episode you will learn:
- Ideas on how to help small business in your community
- The importance of reviewing your budget, for your business and personally – where you are spending all your money and find small ways to cut back
- Fight for your business – Be patient, but be persistent, don’t give in; do your work on the what options available to help you bridge your finances during this time
- Build each other up! Give referrals without expectation of anything in return.
- Do whatever you can, however small, it makes a difference.
- Talk to the business owners, find out what people need, and pass it on – maybe others can help if you can’t.
Local highlighted business:
Heathen Brewing Feral Public House – Vancouver, WA
1109 Washington St.
Vancouver, WA 98660
Food and Beer available for carry out.
Monday – Friday: 11:00am – 9:00pm
Saturday – Sunday: 9:00am – 9:00pm
What we’re drinking:
Ghost Runners Brewery and Kitchen – Vancouver, WA
Boston, Double American Red, 6.8% ABV, 40 IBU
“Our tribute to the historic Boston Marathon. This dark ale goes the distance with a slightly malty taste, dash of chocolate flavor, and incredible notes of Chinook hops that keep pace from start to finish.”
Heathen Brewing – Vancouver, WA
Pom Yum, Fruited Sour, 6.4% ABV, 12 IBU
“Got a lil’ bit of Blueberry Pom Yum, and I never would of thought that it could taste this good. Thank God for the brewer who put it in my hood. Our newest kettle sour with loads of blueberry and nice accenting pomegranate!”
Reindeer Tears 2017, Barleywine, 12% ABV, 94 IBU
Root Beer of the Gods – Non Alcoholic goodness for the Little Heathens….and Knopp.
Shields Family Home Loans
Business Over Beer Episode #17 with Brian Shields
Be Well Juice Bar
Blind Athletes Association
Community Roots Collaborative
Final Draft Taphouse